Popular local jazz site CapitalBop had this to say about Tedd:
“The saxophonist Tedd Baker, one of the most revered on the D.C. scene, has toured the world as part of the State Department’s Jazz Ambassadors program and is a member of the U.S. Air Force jazz band, the Airmen of Note. But when he steps in front of his own combo, Baker’s liable to bring the house down; he has a broad, powerful tone and a sure-footed improvisational attack that winds and zags. It’s confident and questioning, all at once.” — CapitalBop
Come sit in with Tedd and our terrific Third Sunday house band. No cover! 6:30pm-9:30pm @ The Brixton (901 U Street NW).
Facebook event link here.
**Please also mark your calendars for rest of our Saxo-mo-vember, as well as our “Vocal Lounge” month in December:
- November 24th: Mercedes Beckman (sax)
- December 1st: Barbara Papendorp (voice)
- December 8th: Aaron Myers (voice)
- December 15th: Tony Gudell (voice)
- December 22nd: Landon Paddock (voice)
- …and more guests to come throughout the rest of 2019 and 2020!
[Photo from Tedd’s website]